Thursday, January 3, 2008

Alabama - Birmingham

Here are some great churches in Birmingham, AL.

Add your own church by posting a comment with the name, location, website, worship/music style, speaking, childcare, favorite thing, thing you would change and answer to the question, "Can I wear jeans?"

Church Name:
Church of the Highlands (Grant's Mill Campus)

Location:
Birmingham, AL

Website:
http://www.churchofthehighlands.com/welcome.html

Worship/Music:
Contemporary Praise and Worship

Speaking:
Relevant, funny, upbeat sermons

Childcare:
Childcare is awesome. Very secure. Babies/toddlers in one wing, 1-5 graders in their own praise and worship service. LOVE IT.

Favorite Thing:
Fave thing - welcoming, open, friendly atmosphere.

What would I change?
Would change - not necessarily a bad thing - church is really new and is already busting at the seams. Sunday mornings can be really hectic with parking, crowds, lines to check kids into their classes, lack of seats in Worship Center.

Can I wear jeans?
YES! People wear a variety of things. Very casual.

1 comment:

Krystn said...

Hey Jon,
I'm looking for a church in Birmingham, AL. I've been here a year and can't find anywhere I fit in. Not even at the infamous Church of the Highlands. I really like expository teaching and small congregations. I went to a church back home in Mobile called People of Mars Hill (a lot like Rob Bell's church). I really miss it. I've never felt so comfortable in any church like I did that one.
Any suggestions?